Sunday 4 January 2015

I Arrived

4/1/2015 Just a little note at the start I'm sorry this is late I have only just got Internet.

3/1/2015

So I have just arrived into Thailand.

The time is currently 4.03 am and I’m wide-awake.

The flight to Sydney wasn’t that bad but that flight from Sydney to Thailand was never ending.

The flight lasted 9 hours and I was unable to sleep a wink, though I did try my hardest. I put Phantom of the Opera on, an eye mask and listened to an hour before giving up, next time I tried was no headphones…. That was a fail too, so here I am, in Thailand and not having slept for approximately 24hours.

We arrived in Thailand at 1am, then went through customs (which took an hour) and then had a lovely 1.5 hour buss ride to a massive university called Mahidol University which is home to currently about 30,000 students.

I am one of the few lucky students to get a room to myself so it’ll be nice to come back to  a quiet room after spending all day out and about.

The bus trip through Bangkok center was so nice at 3am. There were two things that surprised me:

1) The amount of traffic on the roads (I don’t’ want to see rush hour, that’s for sure)
2) The traffic lights have  a countdown (sorry about blurry photos, not easy on a bus)




Oh well I’d better leave it here for tonight so goodnight/morning from Thailand.

See you later tonight


Anna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment