Friday 16 January 2015

Pluak Daeng Market/Town

Hi again,

So I have decided that now I'm in a little district in Rayong where there isn't much to do I'll blog whenever something interesting happens, so that means every Monday night there should be a blog up as Jaime and my weekends are jam packed full with excitement.

I have to start this blog of with something horrible that has happened to me while being here in Thailand. I dropped my iPhone last night :(


It landed face down on the concrete and is badly smashed, I can use it still luckily but every time I do a bit of glass comes off the screen which I do not think it's a good thing, lets hope that it'll last until I get home and fix it.


I actually dropped it while waiting for Nikki (our American teacher friend) to come and get us to walk down to the night market that happens here every Wednesday and Sunday night. It was really cool there though it smelt horrible, it just smelt of fish. While walking past some stalls we'd get splashed from the fish trying to escape their little bin. Apart from that it was really fun, having everyone stare at us as we are different and having the students who recognise us say "teacher, teacher... hello" and then walk off giggling.

The market wasn't what I thought it would be at all. It had fresh fruit and veggies (that's what I expected) but it also had fish, pig heads, frogs, whole range of food cooking, clothing stalls, shoes and then random miscellaneous items too. Jaime managed to get a really cute dress for school and Nikki some really nice looking sushi.


Tonight (15th January 2015) Jaime and I decided to venture into the wide world... more like random streets until we found the township we are in. It turns out it's one road and takes 30mins to walk there. Jaime who is a professional shopper (in my mind as I'm no shopper at all) managed to get some good gifts for her family and in this amazing little shop we both purchased some items, I got shoes and her a lovely dress. Everyone here is so friendly and kind and instead of knowing our names we have become known as 'teacher' even in the little shop where we had never seen the people in there asked if we are here to teach. Must be rather obvious.

Goodnight for now, I'll blog again Monday after our weekend in Rayong Centre.

Anna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment