Monday 5 January 2015

Thailand's Largest Outdoor Market


4/1/2014

Hi All,

Today we all went to the worlds largest outdoor market called Jatujak.

It's really really nice here, boiling hot and my feet are killing me from yesterdays 9 hour shopping spree that occurred while I was wearing completely inappropriate shoes, but apart from that this must be one of the best places I've been to. I'm having so much fun I forgot to eat breakfast today, as I'm just too impatient and want to start exploring what's out there.

Luckily here they are so organised here and we know what is planned for us this week.





The market was amazing, I managed to get really nice gifts for my family though bartering for me was the most challenging part as I would just give in. It was a good experience though and I loved watching Harriet as she was by far one of the best at catering I've seen.


Jatujak was extremely large and hard to find your way around with very little heat so it was good there were lots of drink stands to get fresh fruit smoothies from. I think Thailand have their smoothies sorted, a whole lot of fruit in a blender and use their natural liquids as the liquid, I had too many watermelon smoothies to count today, I did learn a valuable word today, cob corn carr (not sure of spelling sorry) which means 'thank you'.

Apart from the heat and constantly needing liquid to refresh I had an amazing day at the market and even better time at a park afterwards where they have this bike track in the centre so we all were able to hire a bike out for a couple of hours and bike around.

Tomorrow is going to be an amazing day with visiting elephants and having Thai language lessons so hopefully I can come on here with more words I know.

I hope you all are having a lovely new year :D

Anna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment