Wednesday 14 January 2015

Amphawa Resort

 14/1/2015


I know, I know, I know. I’ve been very slack at this and I’m sorry.

These last few days have been so busy.

On Friday the 9th I woke up not feeling well at all, which was a disappointment as we were going to the Royal Grand Palace that day. I still went though the heat with an upset tummy was not a good combination at all so I wasn’t able to enjoy the two temples and Royal Grand Palace. It didn’t help that Friday was the hottest day we had had with a temperature of 25 degrees at 10am.

Not much occurred Friday apart from walking around all day and looking at beautiful buildings.

Saturday 10th came around quickly after an early night and lots of water where I felt quite a bit better so was actually able to enjoy as much as possible the bus ride to Amphawa. Amphawa was really nice and I saw the most gorgeous seal coloured Burmese kitten, I just wanted to take it home it was too cute to be a stray cat.

At Amphawa we got on a boat and we to the middle of the sea where there were random houses dotted around popping out of the sea. These were houses for people to stay in overnight when they were working at the shellfish farm around. We stopping off at this large building sticking out of the middle of the see where we had a really nice seafood lunch, my only problem is I only like prawns though I have been trying more types of seafood while being here. The spice and unusual food may be what was upsetting my tummy though.
We then got back on the boat and stopped off at another boat where we could go water skiing if we wished. The first few people to get out of the boat into the dirtiest water I’d ever seen was brave but that was followed by a chorus of complaints as the floor of the sea isn’t sand as we are used to it’s mud that goes up to their knees. There is more mud under water than there is water in that particular section. The thought of mud oozing between my toes up to my knees in water that I couldn’t see a thing in didn’t interest me so I didn’t get in (neither did a few others) so instead we just watched the Thai style water skiing. Water skiing for Thais reminded me a mix of knee boarding (though standing) and being dragged behind a boat standing on a boogie board.

Planting Mangroves was next on the agenda. Where the mangroves are were beautiful wild monkeys who came right up to the boat when we started feeding them and grabbed food out of our hands if we held the food over the edge in sight but wouldn’t throw it. The monkeys swimming was gorgeous and reminded me of dogs swimming just a head and tail popping out of the water.

After this long day on a boat we went to our resort where we settled in for a little bit before getting on another boat and heading to the floating market. It’s a good thing nobody in our trip gets seasick.  The floating market was beautiful and full of people.




Sunday 11th came around all too quickly when we were back on the boat and up the river stopping off at little random stops to enjoy the sights. By this stage a few of us were tired, and had been sightseeing all week that some of the buildings were starting to look the same. For me the architecture is still beautiful and their use of colours and detail is stunning.


Sunday night we travelled back to Mahidol University for our last night in Bangkok, which was sad as we were leaving each other and our new friends we had made.

This photo is the amazing place where we have breakfast, going to miss the beauty of it.




See you later Anna xx






No comments:

Post a Comment