Monday 29 December 2014

What do I want to get out of this trip?

Hi all,

Before I begin this blog I'd like you all to know that this trip to Thailand isn't a vacation. I'm spending the first week out of five learning about the language and culture while staying on Mahidol University campus and then the next four weeks will be in a local high school teaching English to students.

Seeing as this Thailand trip is through the University I'm expected to do a few assignments and essays  while over there. That is going to be the worst part of this trip. One thing our lecturer wants us to think about at the end is 'What did we learn'. Well that questions is always so hard to answer, do you look at the education system, the culture, the language, personal things?

Well a few things I wish to get out of this trip is:

1) experience, understand and have greater respect for other cultures.

2) greater understanding of how to teach/learn a new language.

3) learn how to cook Thai food the traditional way. I love Thai food but only know how to cook it the 'eastern way'.


These are just a few things that I wish to experience and learn from going to Thailand. Once I'm over there I'm sure there will be a lot more differences that pop up and will get me thinking about how i live my own life, when that happens I'll keep you all updated.

Thank you for reading,

Anna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment