Tuesday 30 December 2014

Pluakdaengpittayakom School, Rayong... Where is that?

Hello again,

I understand that I've already blogged once today but I got some amazing news and had to share it.

I have finally found out where I'll be staying for 4 weeks while I'm in Thailand.

The first week I'm in Bangkok with the 11 other students going too, but after that was a mystery. Needless to say my mum was getting very upset with me going to a country I've never been to before and not knowing where I'm staying, well now I can somewhat calm her nerves.

So now I know that as of the 12/1/2015 (wow 2015 looks weird as a date) I'm going to be in Rayong.



Rayong is a really nice village on the sea front. It looks beautiful and has so many different tourist attractions. I like how I'm not spending my entire time in Bangkok or Phuket which are the main tourist destinations, this way I'm able to experience the traditional Thailand filled with culture. There will be 8 of us (including myself) in Rayong and 4 in Chonburi which is the neighbouring province.

The school I'll be at is called Pluakdaeng Pittayakom School. I cannot find much information on it apart from a blog created back in march 2013 for what looks like a conference, due to this I'm not sure where in Rayong I'll exactly be staying so I'll have to keep you updated.

At least this way (hopefully) when someone searches this school in future they may get more information.

As for accommodation that is still sadly unknown. As I mentioned in a previous blog I leave on Friday 2nd January 2015 (again that looks weird). There are two accommodation types I could possibly be in.

The first is home stay with a family ,which I think will be the best option, as they can take me sightseeing to all the best places and I personally believe the best way to learn/experience and new language/culture is by surrounding yourself with it. The next accommodation option is in an apartment where me and one other student will be in an apartment just us two and we are to find our own experiences in the weekends and after school.

Which option do you think will be the best? They both have ups and downs as the apartment living will allow for more free time to go where I wish when I wish.

See you with more information later

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment